Tuesday, July 3

Product Reviews - L'Oreal Paris Ever Strong Sulfate Free Shampoo

Recently, my favourite bottle of Marc Anthony True Professional Damage Repair Shampoo ran out, and I was in desperate need of a new shampoo to replace that. I would have repurchased the same bottle again, but seeing that I love to try out many different haircare brands available on the market, I decided to give L'Oreal Paris' Sulfate-Free Range a shot, to see how it would work!

I naturally have very dry, frizzy hair, which can get out of control and wild if not managed well, and I usually go for reconstructive shampoos to get it back in shape, seeing that I abuse my hair with lots (and lots!) of brushing, heat styling, and chemicals from time to time.

L'Oreal Hair Expertise Ever Strong Sulfate Free Shampoo


Most shampoos contain sulfates, which strips away hair color and hair moisture, making your hair worse off in the long run, and if you notice, the more you use that bottle of shampoo containing high amounts of sulfates, the more your hair lacks that intense shine and feels like straw after a few months of use. I personally have come into a situation similar to that, and now, with the availability of sulfate-free products, I can say that my hair is saved!

 L'Oreal Paris' latest Hair Expertise Sulfate-Free range of shampoos are made with the absence of the harsh ingredient, sulfates, which makes it extremely gentle on the hair, not stripping it off its natural oils, whilst still cleaning off all the product and impurities in your hair.


When I was looking through the shelves, there were 3 different ranges to L'Oreal's sulfate-free collection. There was Ever Pure (coral pink bottle) for colored hair, Ever Smooth (orange bottle) for very frizzy hair, and Ever Strong (green bottle), for weakened hair. I immediately went for Ever Strong, seeing that my hair needed as much rescue as it could get from the amount of heat abuse I put on it.

REVIEW: I've been using this product for about 2 weeks now, and I have to say, this is my new favourite shampoo. My hair is so picky, being dry, frizzy and prone to breakage, and this product really helps with all of that. I was pleased when I saw how viscous and rich the shampoo was, which meant that it was full of good oils and not those heavy silicones which you can find in low-grade shampoos. After lathering the product into my hair and washing it off, I found that my hair didn't get tangled like it usually does, which meant that the product did not strip my hair entirely of its natural oils. Once I applied my favourite conditioner in and dried my hair, I found that my hair felt extremely soft and hydrated, and this was without any hair serum. The volume of my hair was under control too, which made me esctatic!

L'Oreal's Sulfate-Free Shampoo range is available at any Watson's stores or Guardian pharmacies, retailing at about $14.90 per bottle.

I've been using mine for about 2 weeks now, and I've barely reached the quarter mark, and I squeeze out alot at each time! For such price, I think its definitely a value for money product!

Thanks for reading! Feel free to leave your comments and feedback. :)

No comments: