Sunday, May 20

Product Review - Shu Uemura Sparkling Palette & Ultime8 Cleansing Oil

Sometime last week, I was invited once again by the lovely people at Shu Uemura, for the launch of their new Color Atelier eyeshadows as well as their new Ultime8 Cleansing Oil. It was indeed an exciting event, as I got to learn more about the new colors and the 2 brand new textures which are available for the Color Atelier range, and also the new luxurious cleanser Ultime8, which promises supreme, baby soft, skin. Here are some photos from the event!
Shu Uemura Sparkle Up Your Eyes! Event

Shu Uemura Color Atelier.

Lovely new colors from the Color Atelier Range!

Some swatches of my favourite glittery shades.

Color Atelier Displays in the 4 color-palette form.

More displays!

Shu Uemura Ultime8 Cleansing Oil.

Shu Uemura's comprehesive cleansing oils for all types of skin.

Me and the lovely Meryl from Memoiselle.

A live demonstration by the lovely Shu Uemura make-up artists.

From the event, I got to take home a Shu Uemura Sparkling Eyes Palette with two Color Atelier shades and also a blush, as well as a bottle of the new luxurious Shu Uemura Ultime8 Cleansing Oil to try.

Shu Uemura Color Atelier Eyeshadows and Blusher.

I was especially excited to try out the quality of the new eyeshadows from the Color Atelier range, mainly because of the color intensity and texture! The texture of the new Color Atelier shadows are not powdery like regular pressed shadows, it feels chiffon soft and silky, which allows it to glide easily onto the eyelids, great for easy blending. I decided to test out the intensity of the colors as well, so I did a little make-up trial using the new palette I received.

On me: Color Atelier Eyeshadow in White Rainbow and G641 and Blush in Soft Orange, 540.

I was indeed impressed with the intensity of the eyeshadow colors, Color Atelier White Rainbow and G641 when I was doing the trial. I didn't need to pat on too much eyeshadow, onto my lids to get the true color of the shadow, and it was really easy to blend out the colors. On the first application of the shadow, the colors came out vibrant, which shows how pigmented it really is! The texture of the shadow was heavenly, it felt like I was applying a smooth foundation onto my eye, when in fact it was eyeshadow, definitely a plus point! I also had on Color Atelier Blusher in Soft Orange, 540, a matte cheek colour. I wasnt too excited about the blusher though, I felt that it was a little difficult to blend on to my skin, and the color appeared a little too neon, perhaps the wrong shade for my skintone. The blush was pretty pigmented though, which would be a hit with those who love their cheek colors to pop!

Shu Uemura Ultime8 Sublime Beauty Cleansing Oil, 150ml, $65

The secret behind Ultime8 lies in its ingredients which contain 8 carefully selected botanical oils - olive, jojoba, ginger root, corn, soy bean, shea butter, safflower and camellia. Infused with a cashmere texture, it delicately lifts the toughest makeup and impurities off your skin while the premier botanical oils penetrate deep into the skin layers to awaken and revitalise skin cells, giving you the perfect canvas (skin).

I tried this product the night which I got it in my goodie bag. I usually use a regular make-up remover to remove all traces of make-up from my skin, but after trying this, I probably will never turn back! I had on a long lasting foundation and concealer, as well as waterproof mascara and eyebrow pencil. With just one swipe all over the face, all of it was gone! I usually take at least two to three rounds of remover all over the face to get off all my make-up, and the Shu Uemura Ultime8 got all of it off with just one swipe!

I have dry skin, and after make-up removal, my skin feels a little tight from the lack of moisture. With the Shu Uemura Ultime8, I noticed that after I washed the product off, my skin felt alot more hydrated, and baby soft, exactly what it promises to deliver. I've been using it everyday for about 4 days now, and I do see a fair bit of improvement in my skin texture - it looks more refined, feels more hydrated,  and is more supple to touch. I am a new fan of this product!

Thank you once again for the gorgeous invite, Shu Uemura! I really enjoyed myself at the launch, and I look forward to other exciting events which you guys have in store for the future!
Thanks for reading! Feel free to leave your feedback. :)

No comments: